This article will tell you how to make a ethernet cable by yourself. The tools you only need are a crimper tool and a wire stripper cutter.
However, this is a traditional solution, which is more likely to suit people with more patience better. Nowadays, with the appearance of Pass-Thru Modular Wire Crimper, you can make it easier and faster. At the same time, you’ll still enjoy a stable connection by your own hands.
How a Pass-Thru Modular Wire Crimper works?
VCE pass through rj45 crimping tool is also called ez rj45 crimper tool or pass through cable crimping tool. This one is an update from the VCE Ethernet cable crimping tool. But they are still different.
The new one’s handle is blue and other parts are not in black. The comfortable sensation while using is similar with the Ethernet cable crimping tool.
The other significant feature of pass through cable crimping tool is all-in-one multi-function. This function allows you to easily solve cutting, stripping and crimping with just one tool.
How to Install a Cable with Pass Through RJ45 Crimping Tool?
- Insert a cable cap into the wire for later use.
- Unlock the Pass-Thru Modular Wire Crimper. And press down the handle to push the lock button out.
- Use a ruler, terminal measures 3cm in length
- Put the Ethernet cable into the ‘STRIP’ hole of our Crimper and fixe on that place. Rotate it in a circle so that you can easily cut the 3cm skin of insulation with the inner sharp blade.
- Now you can see the exposed four twisted pair wires in all colors.
- Separate the wires and cut off the Al foil or film inside. As shown below, you must keep the wires with different color in order. T568B Standard RJ45 pins define the arrangement of the individual eight wires.
- Cut the wires from the downside Brown to upside Orange + White in an oblique angle. And ensure the angle is not too steep.
- Reserve a length of about 2.5cm of the Orang+White wire, followed by cutting the wires horizontally.
- Wear the core wire into the RJ45 plug.
- Now extra wires are longer than the plug. Double check your colors are correctly on their places.
- Upward insert the cable cap you left before into the plug.
- Put the plug into the crimping tool.
- Push the handle to the bottom crimp. Please ensure the wires are pushed to the end of the plug’s hole.
- To make sure if it works, you can insert the cable tester.
*By the way, if you want to get a higher efficiency, use the matched VCELINK gold plated RJ45 CAT6 end pass through Ethernet RJ45 connector plugs for joint use.
So, as you can see, making your own network cable is such a simple thing. As you know, every coin has two sides, a fly in the ointment is that you cannot use it to join the RJ11 connectors to ends your phone, compared with the Cable Crimping Tool which has that function.
All in All
Someone want to be more practical with use of Cat 7 or a RJ11 and enjoying the process of cutting and crimping that make you feel like doing some delicate workmanship.He or she should better turn to the Cable Crimping Tool.
And no matter which one you prefer, either of them gives you a reliable connection that protects you from disturbance and instability, allows for your fast data transmitting.
Only with the wired network cable can you enjoy this kind of a distinct fun. Besides, it may remind you to make a different decision and choose tools for your need and like.
Furthermore, you may never be curious about or interested in how wireless networks work. The reason is that you are always immersed in them, but once you have tried to go through this process you might learn something about the Ethernet world.